Makara is the easiest way to invest in cryptocurrency. Our technology builds personalized crypto portfolios based on investors' goals and preferences. For most people, crypto is complicated and unapproachable. We've built Makara to build a bridge between the world of crypto and the millions who have yet to become involved. We are seeking an experienced designer to help craft the future of Makara. You will be the first full-time designer on the team. This role will lead design across both the product and marketing functions at Makara.
What you'll be doing...
- Oversee the user experience of our marketing design and product UI. From the moment someone first hears about Makara until they spend all their crypto proceeds on a fancy car.
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity UI for product features.
- Create marketing assets for digital ads and social campaigns.
- Work closely with engineering and marketing to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Talk directly with customers, both independently and with the larger team, in order to improve the effectiveness of the product
- Explore marketing and product ideas through design and animation before executing on them.
- Foster culture of creativity, excellence, accountability, and results.
The ideal candidate...
- Has 5+ years of relevant experience in designing digital products and marketing creative.
- Has a strong track record of improving business outcomes through designs that are simple, effective, and accessible.
- Is prolific. We move fast. That said, you understand that users are not our guinea pigs: we ship great experiences when they're ready. You'll also understand that perfect is the enemy of good and use good judgment on when to ship.
- Is experienced at creating style guides and related artifacts that help memorialize your design decisions and scale the company.
- Strong proficiency in modern interactive design and prototyping tools. Comfort around HTML/CSS/JS a plus.
- Has a keen eye for detail and craftsmanship, while also adhering to deadlines and other constraints.
- Is comfortable with minimal process and willing to roll-up your sleeves when necessary. We are a startup, and everyone wears many hats.
- Has an interest in the cryptocurrency space. You don't have to be a fervent believer or an expert, but the industry should be exciting to you.
- Is comfortable working remote.
This position is contract-to-hire, but are open to making it a permanent role as soon as we're mutually convinced the fit is great.