Makara is the easiest way to invest in cryptocurrency. Our technology builds personalized crypto portfolios based on investor's goals and preferences. For most people, crypto is complicated and unapproachable. We've built Makara to build a bridge between the world of crypto and the millions who have yet to become involved. We are seeking an experienced growth marketer to help craft the future of Makara. You will be the second full-time marketing person on the team. This role will lead many lead many client acquisition and activation channels.
What you'll be doing...
- A key contributor to Makara's client acquisition efforts across many forms of digital media - paid search, SEO, app install campaigns, affiliate, podcasts and email.
- Execute and own activation and lifecycle marketing campaigns, iterating and optimizing on an on-going basis.
- Test and learn across marketing campaigns until you find approaches that work.
- Understand different Makara audiences at scale, able to make common sense segmentations, and run iterative growth experiments.
- Customize messaging to users based on key personas, behavioral data, and historical engagement data.
- Report on the effectiveness of paid media campaigns.
- Foster culture of creativity, excellence, accountability, and results.
The ideal candidate...
- Has 3+ years of relevant experience growing businesses using varied and non-obvious client acquisition strategies.
- Is comfortable and experienced explaining how their specific marketing actions led to specific business outcomes.
- Has a strong understanding of marketing channel attribution, measurement frameworks, and key channel metircs.
- Is comfortable structuring data, analyzing it, turning data into insights, and insights into actions that improve the company's growth velocity and efficiency. SQL expertise is preferred.
- Experience as a channel manager on UAC, Paid Search, or Paid Social is a plus.
- Is prolific. We move fast. That said, you understand that users are not our guinea pigs: we ship great experiences when they're ready. You'll also understand that perfect is the enemy of good and use good judgment on when to ship.
- Has a keen eye for detail and craftsmanship, while also adhering to deadlines and other constraints.
- Is comfortable with minimal process and willing to roll-up your sleeves when necessary. We are a startup, and everyone wears many hats.
- Has an interest in the cryptocurrency space. You don't have to be a fervent believer or an expert, but the industry should be exciting to you.